Sunday, June 1, 2008

Gratitude Brings Happiness

Hello Family:

I really enjoyed this quotation from Bonnie D. Parker, former General Relief Society President, that dropped into my email box this week:
Mercies and blessings come in different forms--sometimes as hard things. Yet the Lord said, 'Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things' (D&C 59:7). All things means just that: good things, difficult things--not just some things. He has commanded us to be grateful because He knows being grateful will make us happy. This is another evidence of His love."

(Bonnie D. Parkin, "Gratitude: A Path to Happiness," Ensign, May 2007, 35)

Most of all, I am grateful for all of you, the family to which we all belong. You bring me great joy. (That doesn't mean I classify you in the category of "hard things"). :)

Love,

Dad/Mark

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I think the theme for your family this year is fantastic. Kind of inspires me to do something like that for my family. I think our theme should be: not move again for a very long time! That could be our theme for like ... I don't know ... I'm thinking the next 4 or 5 years at least.