Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Delight in Miracles

I was inspired this morning as I listened to Sister Tanner's talk from the last general conference. It is particularly fitting as we are praying for miracles to occur in the lives of loved ones and rejoice to learn when prayers are being answered, step by tiny step.
"In the Book of Mormon, Nephi speaks often of delight. He delights 'in the things of the Lord,' ... We too should delight in the things of the Lord for it will 'lift' our hearts and give us cause to 'rejoice' (2 Nephi 11:8). ...

"I delight in the Lord’s mercies and miracles (see 'Bless Our Fast, We Pray,' Hymns, no. 138). I know that His tender mercies and His miracles, large and small, are real. They come in His way and on His timetable. Sometimes it is not until we have reached our extremity. Jesus’s disciples on the Sea of Galilee had to toil in rowing against a contrary wind all through the night before Jesus finally came to their aid. He did not come until the 'fourth watch,' meaning near dawn. Yet He did come. (See Mark 6:45–51.) My testimony is that miracles do come, though sometimes not until the fourth watch.

"Right now I am exerting my faith and prayers and watching for miracles in behalf of loved ones who are physically sick, emotionally bereft, and spiritually astray. I delight in the Lord’s love for each of His children and in His wisdom to allow us individually tailored earthly experiences."

Susan W. Tanner, Recently Released Young Women General President, My Soul Delighteth in the Things of the Lord, April 2008 General Conference, Sunday Morning Session.

Thank you, Sister Tanner, for the miracle of hope and inspiration you bring to us.

Love,

Dad/Mark







No comments: